A short ‘instruction’:
1. First, we get into a comfortable position (it doesn’t matter if we lie or sit down).
2. We close our eyes and take three deep breaths in and out.
3. Now whisper the following text three times:
“Nothing in the world is artificial. Everything that is is of natural origin.”
4. We now try to think/evaluate nothing for five seconds and let the thoughts flow by;
5. Breathe in and out deeply three times again.
6. Now, we whisper the following sentence three times:
“Artificial intelligence is much more than technology.”
7. And right after that, three times the following text:
“Artificial Intelligence is highly interdisciplinary. Therefore, let’s approach it in an interdisciplinary & holistic way.”
(If it is helpful you can imagine this graphic)
8. Now we try not to think about anything for five seconds and let the thoughts float;
9. Breathe in and out quickly three times, then breathe in and out slowly and deeply once.
10. Now we speak the following text three times with pressure but quietly:
“Artificial Intelligence is not a new wave of technology. It is much more like a tsunami that threatens to flood us if we are not mindful. “
11. Open our eyes again (stand up if you are sitting) and speak loudly three times:
“The more Artificial Intelligence enters our lives, the more essential Ethics and Philosophy become.”
Congrats, you are now ready to discuss (Mindful) AI 😉
(All the quotes in this text are from the book: “THE AI THOUGHT BOOK”)
Last but not least, always keep in mind:
We need more people with strong computational statistics and machine learning skills who do not come from computer science, math or physics backgrounds but human-, social-, life- or environmental sciences. This would immensely enrich and benefit the developments of AI.